Here’s 8 reasons why you should brush your teeth. You’ll be surprised by number 8! Find us at Invitation Health
1. Save money – Prevention is cheaper than cure. Regular daily care of your teeth and gums will prevent problems in the future and leave you with lower dental bills.
2. Fresh breath – Your mouth will start to smell if you do not clean it regularly. All the rubbish that builds up in your mouth through the day needs to be cleaned out daily.
3. Stay kissable – Who wants to kiss someone with food between their teeth or bad breath? Brushing is the cheapest and most effective way to remove food & bacteria.
4. Prevent gum disease – Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums and the first stage of gum disease) is caused by the plaque build-up around your teeth, leading to swollen gums and teeth that bleed when you brush them. Plaque is an accumulation of food and bacteria which appears in everyone’s mouth.
5. Reduce your chance of a heart attack or stroke – Bacteria from your mouth can make its way into your bloodstream and increase you chance of a heart attack or stroke.
6. Prevent or minimise Diabetes – Any gum disease can make it harder to control your blood glucose. The relationship between serious gum disease and diabetes is two-way. Not only are people with diabetes more susceptible to serious gum disease, but serious gum disease may have the potential to affect blood glucose control and contribute to the progression of diabetes.
7. Have a healthy baby – Gum disease has been shown to increase the chance of premature birth and low birth weight. It can also be one of the many causes of delayed conception and impotence. So get your mouth and gums healthy first.
8. Prevent dementia – Poor oral health increases your risk of developing dementia by a third.
Cleaning your teeth does a lot more than just clean your teeth, so do it with joy and encourage your little ones to brush for a couple of minutes at a time.