Here are 5 simple tips to keep your teeth healthy.
1. Eat a small cube of hard cheese after sweet or acidic food. Cheese helps reduce decay forming in teeth because it neutralises plaque acid. Fermented dairy products have been found to make the mouth more alkaline offering further protection.
2. Breathe through your nose – mouth breathers have a higher susceptibility towards dental decay, their mouths dry out leaving less protective saliva to keep the teeth safe. If you can’t breathe through your nose get professional help
3. Avoid sugar free as well as sweetened drinks – sugar free drinks can still be highly acidic, and cause dental enamel to erode
4. Brush and floss daily using the correct technique to reduce bacterial plaque build up
5. Maintain healthy vitamin D levels – Vitamin D is important in the formation and maintenance of healthy teeth and gums
A few small actions each day can make all the difference…..